Crafty in the Med

I am here to enjoy meeting other bloggers and to share my love of craft ,mostly crochet, my thoughts and my daily happenings here in Alicante,Spain, my adopted country. I belong to a local choir because singing and music makes me happy. Flea markets and book shops are two of my favourite places to be. I read lots......sci´fi/fantasy,buried treasure, and off world adventures. I have a passion for history! I walk and walk and walk for about 10 months per year during the hot months I swim.

Monday 30 April 2012

Attempt at Amigurumi

I had long been drawn to all those wonderful and varied tiny animals and toys that have become extremely popular to crochet .... I mean Amigurumi of course, so last summer I sat down to try my hand at one. The original pattern is not mine but from a photo of peas in a pod that I came across on the www, but for the life of me cannot remember where. However I did tweak the original somewhat because I didn't have the colour green at that time so I used blue and made a SEA POD,Dad,Mum and junior. I have to admit I did find it finicky to make it being so small....3inches long and now I'm not sure what I can use it for.
Perhaps on a key ring ...any suggestions ????

3 comments:

  1. That is so cute, but I can imagine how fiddly it was to make and I am sure it would make a great keyring.... or the start of a baby mobile? I will have a go one of these days xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi....phew one hectic day today. It was fiddly and I don't know if I'd do another. At least I have done some Amigurumi and now can go on to other things. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. very sweet blog, lots to learmspecially with cinnamon

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read them and try to reply to all as well.Please keep them coming. Amanda :-)